Thursday, January 2, 2014

Behringer DR400 Delay Review


I recently picked up a Behringer DR400 as a second delay pedal. I already have a Digitech that's great, but I thought it would be nice to have a second delay as a backup and I also wanted the option of having a long and short delay for live playing. The pedal is only 50 bucks and this is a case of "you get what you pay for." The housing is made of a pretty lightweight plastic, which I was willing to overlook since this is a backup to my main delay pedal. The delay function worked fine, and the reverb settings all seemed pretty nice and useable. It seemed to roll off some of the high end, but I didn't think that was a big deal. When you switch between modes there aren't any click settings, the knob just rolls smoothly and you have to listen for when it switches, so that was strike two. Okay, once again, it's a backup pedal so not a huge deal, but definitely a second strike against it. Unfortunately, after using the pedal for a couple hours at a jam, the pedal just turned off. I know it wasn't the battery because I was using a fresh one. I also found it surprising that there was no bipass - it stopped my guitar signal altogether. Usually if a pedal is not powered it allows the signal to pass through, but the DR400 stopped the signal from going to the amp. I tried the pedal again the next day and it worked for a few minutes but then shut down again. So I'll be sending this one back to Amazon. I'm thinking about an overdrive pedal instead so stay tuned...

-Cutter Savage
Check out my music videos - Cutter Savage YouTube channel
Free guitar instrumental music - Cutter Savage on SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment